Add to Calendar
Sat 10 Mar, 2018 @ 11:30 am – 5:00 pm
RC: PHRF Multihull Fleet
Notice of Race
March 12, 2016
- 1. Organizing Authority
- The organizing authority is the Sarasota Sailing Squadron
- 2. Rules
- This regatta will be governed by the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS), the West Florida PHRF Class Rules, and applicable One Design Class Rules.
- 3. Eligibility
- The regatta is open to all WFPHRF boats, Flying Scot and other one design classes with three or more entries. WFPHRF Fleets include: Spinnaker, Non-Spinnaker, Cruiser, & Multi hull.
Fleets may be combined to constitute a class Participants without current WFPHRF certificates will be given a rating and compete in one class called the Fun Fleet.
- 4. Registration & Fees
- $10 per boat
- 5. Ratings and Class Rules
- Boats sailing must have a valid WFPHRF certificate and have a copy of the certificate available. Rating certificates are available online at westfloridaphrf.org.
- 6. Schedule of Events
- Registration & Check-In
- Skippers Meeting
- Warning Signal
- 7. Sailing Instructions
- Sailing Instructions and Courses will be available at Registration.
- 8. Race Area
- Racing will be in Sarasota Bay.
- 9. Scoring
- 9.1 The Low-Point Scoring System of Appendix A will apply, except no race will be excluded.
- 9.2 Buoy rating will be used for the windward-leeward dropped mark courses, and random leg rating used for all others.
- 10. Prizes
- Awards will be given out according to the number of registrants in each class.
- 11. Disclaimer of Liability
- Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See RRS 4, Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
- 12. Docking
- Participating boats may dock free of charge for the regatta day of the event only.
- 13. Parking
- Parking is available for trailers and cars outside the main entrance. Vehicles parked blocking SSS members’ boats will be towed.
- 14. Accommodations
- Tent camping is available for $10 per night and RV camping for $30 per night both must be prearranged with management, call SSS Craig Bridges, Manager 941-388-2355 to make a reservation.
- 15. Further Information
Regatta_Director@sarasotasailingsquadron.org Host Club: Sarasota Sailing Squadron
1717 Ken Thompson Parkway Sarasota, FL 34236 read more…