Add to Calendar
Sun 10 Mar, 2019 @ 11:30 am – 5:00 pm
RC: PHRF Multihull Fleet
Notice of Race
Sunday March 10, 2019
WFPHRF SBYA Boat of the Year Event
- 1. Organizing Authority
- The organizing authority is the Sarasota Sailing Squadron
- 2. Rules
- This regatta will be governed by the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS), the West Florida PHRF Class Rules, and applicable One Design Class Rules.
- All PHRF boats shall carry a VHF radio capable of transmitting and receiving on channel 72.
- RRS 63.7 is replaced with “If there is a conflict between a rule in the notice of race and one in the sailing instructions, the sailing instructions shall apply”.
- 3. Eligibility
- The regatta is open to all WFPHRF boats, Flying Scot and other one design classes with three or more entries. WFPHRF Fleets include: Spinnaker, Non-Spinnaker, Cruiser, Pocket Cruiser & Multi hull.
- Fleets may be combined to constitute a class. Participants without current WFPHRF certificates will be given a rating and compete in one class called the Fun Fleet. The Fun Fleet class will not be eligible for Boat of the Year awards.
- 4. Registration & Fees
- $10 per boat
- 5. Ratings and Class Rules
- Boats sailing in PHRF classes except Fun Fleet must have a valid WFPHRF certificate and have a copy of the certificate available. Rating certificates are available online at westfloridaphrf.org.
- This is a Sarasota Bay Yachting Association event. Any entry in this event that intends to compete in the SBYA Boat of the Year Series must comply with the boat classification requirements of that series.
- 6. Schedule of Events
- Registration & Check-In
- Skippers Meeting
- Warning Signal
- 7. Sailing Instructions
- Sailing Instructions and Courses will be available at Registration.
- 8. Race Area
- PHRF classes will race in Sarasota Bay using fixed and floating marks. One design boats will sail up to three races on a windward/leeward course in Sarasota Bay.
- 9. Scoring
- The Low-Point Scoring System of Appendix A will apply, except no race will be excluded.
- Buoy rating will be used for the windward-leeward drop mark courses, and random leg rating used for all others.
- One race shall constitute a regatta.
- 10. Prizes
- Awards will be given out according to the number of registrants in each class.
- 11. Disclaimer of Liability
- Competitors participate in the regatta entirely at their own risk. See RRS 4, Decision to Race. The organizing authority will not accept any liability for material damage or personal injury or death sustained in conjunction with or prior to, during, or after the regatta.
- 12. Docking
- Participating boats may have one night of docking free of charge – either the night of the event or the night before.
- 13. Parking
- Parking is available for trailers and cars outside the main entrance. Vehicles parked blocking SSS members’ boats will be towed.
- 14. Accommodations
- Tent camping is available for $10 per night and RV camping for $30 per night both must be prearranged with management, call SSS Craig Bridges, Manager 941-388-2355 to make a reservation.
- 15. Further Information
Host Club: Sarasota Sailing Squadron
1717 Ken Thompson Parkway Sarasota, FL 34236 read more…