Monday, May 30, 2016
Race Around Lido
A Fun Family Friendly Regatta
Notice of Race and Sailing Instructions
- Rules The Race Around Lido Regatta will be a Family Friendly Regatta governed by the rules as defined in these Sailing Instructions or amended and announced at the Skipper’s Meeting and/or posted on the Official Notice Board.
Competitors may enter by delivering a completed entry form and paying the entry fee of $25 per Boat ($20 per Boat if Pre-Registered by May 24, 2016) plus crew ($10 for each Adult & $5 for each Child (age 12 & under). All sailors must register to participate. Each skipper and registered crew will receive a free meal ticket/wrist band.
- Boats Eligible to Compete All Sailboats, Kayaks, Paddle Boards, Windsurfers are eligible to participate. (Motorboats are welcome for Spectating purposes or for being Chase Boats. Please Register with SSS Office.)
Pre-Registration (in SSS Office) By Tuesday, May 24, 2016 900 – 1700 daily
Registration & Check -In Monday, May 30, 2016 1100 – 1200
Lunch Monday, May 30, 2016 1130 – 1300
Skippers Meeting Monday, May 30, 2016 1300
In the event of inclement weather, this regatta will be modified and announced at the Skippers Meeting and/or Posted on the Official Notice Board.
- Notices to Competitors Notices to competitors will be posted on the official notice board located in or near the pavilion.
- Signals Made Ashore Signals made ashore will be displayed from the SSS flagpole.
- Racing Area The racing area will be from the SSS to Lido Key. There will be three courses to choose from as indicated below or modified and announced at the Skippers Meeting and/or Posted on the Official Notice Board.
- Around Lido (SSS, New Pass, Lido Beach, Big Pass, South Lido, Ringling Bridge, SSS – Recommended for Big Boats and Catamarans)
- Ringling Bridge to South Lido (SSS, Ringling Bridge, South Lido, Ringling Bridge, SSS – Recommended for Opti’s and other small sailboats)
- Bird Key Bridge to South Lido (SSS, Bird Key Bridge, South Lido, Bird Key Bridge, SSS – Recommended for Kayaks and Stand Up Paddleboards)
- The Start, Check In Point, & Finish The start will take place immediately following the skipper’s meeting. Each boat is required to Check in with an Official at South Lido approximately at the half way point in the race and participate in any beach games/activities. The finish will be when the Registered Skipper or a Crew Member rings the Bell located East of the SSS Flagpole and checks in with the Scoring Official.
- Time Limit The time limit will be 3 hours after the start of the race. Please return in a timely manner to participate in all of the festivities. 10. Protests No protests shall be heard or addressed. Have fun and play fair.
- Scoring & Prizes Scoring and Prizes will be awarded and are based upon a number of Fun Categories such as Youngest Sailor, Senior Sailor, Most Unusual Boat, Boat Theme, Outstanding Sailing Attire, etc. Be creative! Prizes will be awarded at the awards ceremony after the Race.
- Meal and Activities Lunch will take place before the Race. Additional Meals can be purchased for $10 for Adults and $5 for Children (12 and under).
Other on-shore activities (water slide, ice cream, watermelons) will take place after the Race