NOTICE OF SEASON SERIES
FLYING SCOT® FLEET 36 SEASON CHAMPIONSHIP
- Rules: This regatta will be governed by the rules as defined by the current edition of the Racing Rules of Sailing (RRS).
- Eligibility: All Flying Scots
- Registration: Boats sailing in any series race will be automatically registered for the season championship
4. Fees: $5 per race day. Fee for race dates overlapped with squadron monthly regattas will be set by Sarasota Sailing Squadron. (Discounted season fee TBD)
5. Schedule: Schedule of races will be posted on squadron bulletin board and on squadron website calendar
6. Measurement: Boats and sails must conform to the Official Plan. Each boat must carry equipment required by FSSA Specification Article S-V.2 (Racing Restrictions), and US Coast Guard requirements
7. Courses to be Sailed: The courses to be sailed will be determined by the race committee of the day. Most races will be sailed in the circle north of the squadron, starting at mark “I”.
8. Scoring: The low-point scoring system of RRS Appendix A2 will be used. Each race date will be a single score for the season series. The first 3 races on a race date will count for the season series scoring. There will be one throw out for every 5 race dates.
9. Prizes: Prizes will be awarded to top boats in the Championship Division, and to the top boats in the Challenger division. All boats in the Challenger division are eligible for the Championship Division Awards.
10. Contact information: Bob Twinem 941-748-9400, firstname.lastname@example.org