2/10/2020 – Jan Report 2020 SSS MANAGER
- I’m pleased to welcome 19 New Memberships in January. We’ve finished 2019 with 641 Active Family Memberships. We’ve invoiced for renewal 354 have paid as of Jan. 31, 54% of Membership has paid and renewed
- Looking to set date for Annual Volunteer Appreciation Party 4.10.2020 ($650)
- Looking to set date for All Club “Work Party” 5.16.2020
- Volunteer hours for Jan. 2020 was 476.50. Big Jan. contributions from Rick Collard, Barbra Branning and Belle Baxter.
- This is the time of year compliance emails and letter will be sent so that the Club can better understand the intentions of under used or derelict boats and Memberships. 60 days marks the forfeit of Member Privileges and 90 Days will have the Membership automatically revoked.
Projects around the Club in the works
-Lift Station Pump – Replaced 2.7.20. $ 9103.56 quote Invoice $8896.21
-Hoist Chain Bucket – AOS Inc., Came out with insufficient replacement equipment 2.10.20. Will return.
-Gulf Gate Rescreening – March 24 8:30am
-Florida State Roofing – Awaiting schedule, Deposit Check 1.3.2020, last call 2.10.20
-Water Fountain – Wade General Contractors, last call 2.10.20
Lighting quotes from Synergy and Florida Lighting Maintenance
Work Area Wastewater Removal and Cleanout-Clean Solutions Environmental, LLC
Out for Quote-
Security Camera’s and System Ron Stanco & Mike Theatre Technologies
Remove and Replace Australian Pines – Venture Landscaping, New Tree’s Appel Horticulture
- Awaiting the delivery of the new American 18 Mid, estimated to be delivered the end of this Month. February 2020.
Events & Activities –
- Highlights around the Club in January: Champagne conditions for the Calendar the second stop of the Viper and VX series both weekends. The Scows and Scots are staying active. The inaugural “Ted” Talk was a sell out and Mike Halliday and Dave Powell share a Sailboat Racing basics lecture to a full house.
As mentioned earlier the Vipers have finished and leaving the VX 1’s behind to race in the Midwinters, 15th this Saturday is the Cherry Pie (special plans for that day), Sarasota Bay Multi Hull Cup Feb. 21-23. A little further off in the distance is a packed March kicking off with the MC/ Melges 14 Cup and Guest Speaker Andy Burdick as the 2nd “Ted” Talk, the Pot O Gold and US Sailing Level 1 Course the One Design Midwinters and the SYS Jr. Olympic Sailfest.