11/13/17 – SSS MANAGER’S REPORT
• 13 New Memberships since last Board meeting, as we go into the end of the year with 685 active Memberships.
• Volunteer hours ytd. 5913. I would like to recognize the team of Randy & Lynn Scott (54 hrs) and Andy & Judy Hodgson (46.5) for providing the Club with the most volunteer hours (outside of the BOD) in October/ Nov. of this year.
• Club vehicle parking stickers are available in the Club office.
• We had a fun and strong showing at the Community Age Friendly Festival sharing a reminding that Sailing is a life time sport.
• Note to the Membership with trailers without tags, SPD volunteers will issue you tickets is you park in Ken Thompson Park last weekend.
Maintained & Maintenance –
• WCIND A Dock grant is approved. We’ve additionally secured a up to 15k grant towards a new support boat.
• West Property Fence repair is complete.
• Waiting on roofing contractors to evaluate the BBQ and Pavilion roof.
• Replacement porch fans are installed.
• Hoist inspection and service to be schedule, I will keep you posted.
• Ice Chest may be in needed of work.
• Eagle Scout projects update.
Events & Activities –
• 2017 Buzzelli Multihull Rendezvous 20th-22., the Great Pumkin was cancelled, the Sunfish Regional Championships qualified the top 2 for the Sunfish Worlds and last weekend hosted the Jeff Penfield regatta. Thank you to all the support these Club events and the sport of sailing. On the 27th we hosted a Meet the Candidates night, a Sunfish Clinic with Eduardo and we had a booth in the Age Friendly Festival.
• Upcoming we have the Lilly Kaighin Memorial Race, Friday 17th 6pm Polls will close, Drumstick Regatta on the 18th, Annual Membership Meeting on the 19th. Annual Club Thanksgiving Dinner on the 23rd, Dinner tickets are on sale now and we will sell out. And all the Fleet sailing is in full swing.