- Current Membership is 749 we’ve added 105 New Memberships to our ranks this year. 12 since the last Board Meeting.
- Volunteer hours are 6447 YTD.
- 2016 invoicing is right around the corner. I request the Board implement the office’s recommendation on fees, especially the ones that promote and relate to the “do it yourself” component of our volunteer organization.
Maintained & Maintenance
- Welcome Aboard Mike Auchter to our staff.
- Working on abandon property and the grounds and removal.
- Looking to making some storage adjustments in the small boat area and in front of the Youth building and the tender storage.
- Currently the stage wiring is being replace to support the outside speakers
- Well pumps will be intermittently down as they are being worked on.
- Mowers being repaired by member Brad Birch, Thank you.
- Setting a date in Dec. for a south fence line clean up with County and City.
Events & Activities
- Ray Markham has pushed through and launched our organizations first introduction to sailing course.
- Since the last Board Meeting the Club has offered heaps of fun events. In addition to the sailing we’ve hosted the Class Room on Wheels and the SYS is running a Class for the Saltmeadow School. The Club hosted a FWSA event, the always entertaining Buzzelli Rendezvous and its army of volunteers. The Great Pumpkin followed by the Oktoberfest party the F-16 Nationals won for the 4th year by SYS/ SSS sailors and last weekend the Sarasota Yacht Club invited many a member over for a nice Saturday on the Bay.
- This week is the 17th Lilly Kaighin Memorial, the Jeff Penfield Regatta, the Drum Stick Regatta, the SYS night sail. On land the Swap Meet, Meet the Candidates night, Annual Club Meeting, Thanksgiving Day Dinner and a Ocean Navigation and Weather presentation by Chris Branning. Early December will be the Commodores Cup and 1st race of the Viper 640 Winter Series and the Club Holliday Dinner and Boat Parade.
I’ve had the privilege of being around the Squadron for over 43. To those who will be leaving the Board of Directors next week or so I would like to thank you for your willingness to volunteer. Only a small few gift the Club with the effort and dedication needed to secure our position as the “Worlds Greatest Sailing Club”. It’s been a privilege. I look forward to seeing you Sailing on beautiful Sarasota. Thank You.