10/09/17 – SSS MANAGER’S REPORT
• 3 New Memberships since last Board meeting.
• Thank you to the volunteer who chipped in and returned the Club to ship shape after Irma. We dodged another bullet as Nate passed to our West last weekend with minimal impact.
• Volunteer hours 5150. ytd. I would like to recognize the team of Charlie Ball and Nana Bosma for providing the Club with the most volunteer hours (outside of the BOD) in Sept. of this year.
• Club vehicle parking stickers are available in the Club office.
• Along with the SYS and Luffing Lassies we’ll have a booth at the Community Age Friendly Festival Oct. 28. Expectations of 10 thousand in attendance.
Maintained & Maintenance –
• Final draw for the WCIND Dock and Safety grants have been submitted.
• We have a tow agreement with Direct Towing in place for Illegally Parked vehicles.
• Looking for perspective and intent for Big Ben.
• The evasive Pine pruning started.
• The storage yard model is complete, identifying a stable foot print covering small, medium, large, XL and XL Cat spaces.
• Entrance Sign has been enhanced identifying our Educational partners and national fleets.
• Waiting on Sail Flow to ship a new “Bug” free micro processer.
• Waiting for permitting for repair West Property Fence.
• Waiting on roofing contractors to evaluate the BBQ and Pavilion roof.
• Digital Sign board will be operational this week.
• Wave Fence has been blocked off to only emergency traffic.
• Welcome aboard our new Grand Coast 570 a very generous donation to the Club this morning by former Member Norman Harringtion. The boat will make a great addition as a small fleet Signal Boat, Safety Boat and Spectator Boat.
Events & Activities –
• Sailing activities have suffered over the last month with a wide variety of weather, non conducive to sailing. We held a Sunday Fun Sail opening up our rental fleet free of charge. Wind and Jelly fish dampened the sailing. We’re looking to reengage the events the Weekend after Thanks giving and again around Easter.
• Upcoming well host the Buzzelli Multihull Rendezvous 20th-22., the Great Pumkin on the 29th, the Sunfish Regional Championships on the weekend of Nov. 4t and the Jeff Penfield Memorial Regatta the 11th and 12th.